Website Development (Consultant) at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Mercy Corps is a global, non-governmental organization, which exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps works in the areas of emergency relief, sustainable economic development and civil society. Since 1979, Mercy Corps has provided $1 billion in assistance to people in 94 nations. Mercy Corps is collaborating with the Federal Government of Nigeria, The World Bank, and the UK Department for International Development in the Growth and Employment of States initiative to create jobs in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Website Development (Consultant)
- Mercy Corps Nigeria is soliciting competitive proposal for the development of INGO Forum Web Portal in Nigeria.
- The aim of the web portal is to increase efficiency and consistency of humanitarian relief and development in Nigeria. The portal will establish practice through coordinated information sharing, facilitated forums and productive engagement in the international nongovernmental organizations in Nigeria.
The objectives of the Web Portal are as follows:
- The Portal will provide coordination and practical guidance to all INGOs and stakeholders through the portal.
- The Portal will provide guidance for INGOs engaging with the Inter agency humanitarian coordination, such as working groups, working clusters, beneficiaries, UN and other decision makers in all sectors and levels.
- The Portal will offer a place for stakeholders to share information and exchange ideas, help solve problems, network, learn about effective best practice and learn from the experiences of others.
- It also a going to be a platform for sharing resources and opportunities such us job listings (vacancies), training programs and helping humanitarians build new skills.
- The portal will also provide Important News on daily basis. This news is something that interest or affects the INGO work. The news is going to be in chronological order and up to date. The portal will have link to Social Media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- A dynamic web portal with professional look and touch
- Easy to manage and update contents with little or no IT background
- Provides for Members only content area
- Allows for member registration, moderation and access authentication. Provide different level of authentication privileges to the portal mangers. Keep logs of logins to the pages.
- Ability to display information in text, infographics, images and short videos
- Visitors should be able to download and fill forms online, print copies as well as view and download documents in PDF format, while members with access should be able to edit documents.
- Navigation through the portal should be simple and easy. Visitors should get to any part of the portal with at most 3 clicks
- Visitors should be able to view dates of events and register for events on the portal
- Notification of events should be automatically pushed to target guest or audience via Emails and SMS.
- The portal should be able to make information available for all the geographical locations INGO operate in Nigeria in the form of an interactive map. The map should be able to display information on mouse over or click.
- Dashboard to display graphical summary of information available on the site.
- Other functions include blogs, newsletter, email notifications and reminders for upcoming events, forum platform and chat plugin.
- Member organizations should be able to place vacancy adverts on the site.
- Expected project delivery time of 3 Months counting from the contract signoff date.
- Use state of art technology to develop the web portal and integrations.
- Provide implementation guide, User Guide and project overall documentations.
- Upon completion, provide full access to the web Portal, front-end, back-end and integration programing code details to the Mercy Corps.
- Provide training on how to manage and use the web portal to designated Mercy Corps IT Administrators and others.
- The Short listed candidates will provide 20minutes power point presentation in Mercy Corps office; walk through on the methodology, approach and deliverables.
- In your proposal briefly list the web portals you have designed, references and make sure to include you team composition and their experiences.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested person or companies should send their Expression of Interest along with other relevant supporting documentations to: email@example.comSubject for the email should clearly state EOI for “Website Development”
- Submissions after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Source: Jobs for Naija