Project Coordinator at Seefar Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
- As Project Coordinator in Lagos you are responsible for coordinating human trafficking, modern slavery and migration related projects on the ground.
- You will recruit, train, supervise and lead a local team under the guidance of senior leaders at Seefar.
- You will be the local face of the project, engage with stakeholders and enjoy being a valued member of the Seefar team.
- You will have demonstrated project management experience, preferably in the development sector; have thematic experience on, and a strong interest in, migration issues; have management experience; be a natural communicator and always responsive; be results focused; and have complete fluency in Yoruba and English.
- This position is based in Lagos and is for an initial 12-month contract.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention:
Deliver: Project And Mission Implementation (Approximately 90% of your time and attention):
- Recruit, supervise, develop and lead local teams and team leaders.
- Liaise with stakeholders and the broader community of interest.
- Provide pastoral care to team members.
- Responsive to taskings and requests from Seefar’s migration team
- Fulfill project management responsibilities using our internal project systems and processes.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Provide regional inputs to programs relating to migration, displaced people, human trafficking and modern slavery.
- Other tasks as directed.
Develop: Capabilities And Program Portfolio (Approximately 10% of your time and attention):
- Develop project teams. For example, this would include mentoring teams and leading recruitment.
- Learning, growing and developing professionally and personally.
- Strengthen the Enterprise reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
Direct: Global Management:
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
- Your work as a Project Coordinator in Nigeria will require you to undertake local travel to project implementation sites in and around Lagos.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
To excel in this role you:
- Have an Undergraduate Degree, are highly organized, communicate effectively, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive.
- Will have five years professional project and personnel management experience in Nigeria.
- Have complete fluency in written and spoken Yoruba and English.
- Are naturally responsive and client focused, while also able to work autonomously.
- Are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online