Hedland Group Ltd is a leading indigenous player in the upstream sector of Nigeria’s oil and gas industry.
The corporation powerfully operates in marine transport service involving both onshore and offshore support and deep sea transportation within the Nigerian coastal and inland waterways.
We are guided by strong corporate values, committed to our communities, built by expert people, ruled by sound safety policy, governed by state-of-the-art technology, and accountable to future generations are what help us move forward and build long-term partnerships.
The company strives to maintain a regular channel of communication with the host community to be aware of the community issues on a continuous basis and pre-empt any controversies, while respecting cultural values and keeping a posture of non-interference.
In its Management policy, Hedland Nigeria Ltd on employing workers, realizes the importance of training and technology transfer to local population. Furthermore, preliminary training programmes are offered to newly hired staff, familiarizing them with new equipment and techniques.
At Hedland, we share in the responsibility of seeing to the future. Now that we are a powerfully rooted and experienced company, we are passionate about maintaining our leading position in Nigeria and becoming a key player in the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry within the West African region and all over the African continent.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Trainee)
The successful candidate, under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer (M&E) and Operations Program Manager, and with technical oversight from the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, is responsible for the providing assistance in implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities.
The successful candidate will work with others in the state office and local implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, M&E focal points, M&E officers of SACA/SASCP, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements;
Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends;
• Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements;
• Arrange fleets and fleet operational staff to provide support and schedule Special Event Planning;
• Perform fuel tanker registration, insurance and CHP formalities and documentation regarding induction of new tankers in existing fleet;
• Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management;
• Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local and state rules and regulations;
• Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests;
• Streamline and monitor crude oil purchase systems
• Participate in various workshops and educational programs and maintain knowledge on all industry relevant publications;
• Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry;
• Provide direction to department staff to regulate budget cycle requirements and control budgeting process.
• Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision;
• On a monthly basis, analyze infrastructural-level data and provide approved reports to Sub-Saharan, Asian and European partners or other relevant parties;
• Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to OPEC and Global Market guidelines;
• Represent Hedland Group and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification, Skills and Competency Requirements
• Minimum of Bsc or HND in Management Sciences(including Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics/Statistics etc);
• Exceptional analytical problem solving skills;
• Attention to details;
• Highly organized and efficient;
• Strong presentation skills;
• Exceptional modelling skill;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision;
• Ability to work under pressures and deadline driven;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks;
• Ability to research and report on various technical issues.
RENUMERATION: 115,750 Naira monthly
Method of Application:
If you feel you are suitable for the job, you can send your application and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Application Closing Date
Monday, September 7, 2015