Dairy & Livestock Specialist Position at Sahel Capital Partners
Sahel Capital Partners & Advisory Limited (SCPAL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organisation to conduct research, analyse policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dairy and Livestock Specialist (DLS)
- The DLS position is for a practitioner with background and experience in the dairy and/or livestock sectors who can serve as a technical resource in the planning, implementation and oversight of various projects across livestock value chains
- Position based: Lagos (Project Management Office) with frequent travel to project sites across Nigeria, including the North as will be required.
- Carry out value chain analyses to determine appropriate interventions into selected livestock value chains
- Plan, develop, implement and oversee projects promoting sustainable livestock development
- Support the development of policies, strategies, interventions related to improved production systems, pasture & feed resource development, animal health management, animal nutrition, etc.
- Ensure effective implementation of approved and planned support activities and strategies at the project sites on time and provide technical support
- Participate in field visits to project sites and mobilize related stakeholders and beneficiary communities as per the project activities and agreement
- Coordinate engagement with key stakeholders including federal, state and local governments, communities, project beneficiaries, private sector service providers and suppliers, consultants for effective delivery of project activities
- Support monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project activities.
Minimum Qualification and Requirements
Candidates should have:
- Masters Degree in Dairy Science, Animal Production and Health, Veterinary Services, Livestock Management or related field with at least two years of work experience in similar capacity or Bachelors Degree in Dairy Science, Animal Production and Health, Veterinary Services, Livestock Management with at least five years of work experience in related fields.
- Proven experience, skills and knowledge and preferred experience on dairy management, animal health, feed/fodder management and livestock extension services especially in African settings.
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical skills in planning and project implementation
- Ability to be flexible, respond professionally, and establish priorities in often fluid, changing, and challenging situations with little clear guidance is necessary.
- Ability to work calmly, tactfully, and effectively under pressure and to demonstrate extreme flexibility in managing more than one activity.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with senior management of potential clients, technical partners and senior government officials
- Ability to influence and rally support from executives at managing director and executive director positions to support strategic initiatives.
- Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Proficiency in the English language (required) and Yoruba and Hausa (a plus).
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com with DLC as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: Jobs for Naija