CMC Assistant Vacancy at the Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Centre for Monitoring and Communication (CMC) Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: The Team Leader Centre for Monitoring and Communication (CMC)
Candidates: Nigerian nationals only
- NRC is looking for a Centre for Monitoring and Communications (CMC) Assistant for our area
- office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Centre for Monitoring and Communications (CMC) Assistant is to implement CMC activities in Maiduguri and support the implementation of CMC activities in the field offices.
- Monitor all NRC movements in Borno State, including travels across mission filed office in the North East, and other parts of Nigeria
- Ensure proper collation and storage of Information
- Ensure that all NRC CMC users comply with proper communications procedures
- Monitor open source channels (TV, radio, social media, etc) collate and store relevant information and update the CMC Team Leader and Security Team accordingly.
- Receive Staff Feedback Forms and collate information for daily follow up by Team Leader.
- University Degree in any field, preferably in Security Management
- Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri, knowledge of other local languages in Borno State is an added advantage
- Experience with start-up communications room
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: January 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- You are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
Source: Jobs for Naija