Chief of Party, Rural Resilience Program at Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS is a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party, Rural Resilience Program
Requisition Number: I3355
Location: Based in Abuja, with travel among field locations in Nigeria.
Position Type: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Reports To: Deputy Country Representative, Agriculture and Livelihoods
CRS is preparing for an anticipated multi-million dollar, multi-year USAID/Nigeria Rural Resilience Program, which will support poverty reduction for vulnerable households in Nigeria. This effort will contribute to CRS’ agriculture and livelihoods signature program area and ongoing efforts to promote resilience, recovery and development within Nigeria and neighboring countries around the Lake Chad Basin.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will have overall responsibility for the Rural Resilience Program. Responsibilities include meeting project objectives and deliverables while providing overall leadership in technical, administrative, operational, and management aspects.
- The COP will act as the primary relationship manager for the project with USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria, partners and external stakeholders.
- Provide overall strategic guidance, leadership, management and general technical oversight of the entire program, with a strong focus on achieving defined results.
- Act as the key liaison with USAID, Government of Nigeria, all implementing partners and stakeholders involved with the program.
- Represent the program and present its work nationally and globally to CRS leadership, the donor, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Lead, manage, supervise and mentor program staff and consortium partners.
- Ensure high-quality monitoring and evaluation of program impact and timely submission of donor reports and deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with CRS and USAID policies and requirements
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s in International Development, Management, Agriculture, Economics or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of international management experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in agriculture-based and rural development
- At least 5 years in a senior management role for USAID-funded activities strongly preferred
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries; experience managing multi-sectoral projects including livelihoods, agricultural development, resilience, market-based approaches to economic development, climate change, food security, gender, conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience with USAID rules, regulations and requirements is preferred.
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa required. Prior experience in Nigeria preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Source: Jobs for Naija